Music and Sound Design for the Screen conference will be held at the Music Department, Maynooth University on 6-7 September 2019. The conference includes research papers relating to all aspects of music and sound in and for audio-visual media (film, television, video games, interactive media, and live performance) as well as compositions for the screen and short films.
We are delighted to welcome Prof. Miguel Mera as keynote speaker on Friday 6 September.
On Saturday 7 September, renowned film director Lenny Abrahamson will participate in a special panel discussion alongside composer Stephen Rennicks, sound designer Steve Fanagan, and film editor Nathan Nugent.
Key conference themes include:
- Sound design for audio-visual media: practices and history
- Relationships between Hollywood film and European film
- Creative practices in screen music
- Directors and sound design/music
- Music and sound design in the documentary
- Intersections between sound design and music